Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Briefest of Apologies

Does anyone read this blog? Didn't think so. I don't know if i should even bother.

But I logged on, crankily, and saw I posted last in June - many moons ago. Blech.

When I didn't have the "pressure" of a blog, I posted every day. Now I can't write 1 post a month. Double blech. Like I said, no one reads anyway.

I think my problem is I succumbed to the hilarious exhilaration that comes with a large readership - on my Myspace blog I was getting 250-500 hits a day. Now I have no hits, and I have decidely less to say now that I am officially divorced (yay!), being sued by my lawyer and too scared to blog about it (boooo! and you KNOW i have words to say on this...), exhausted beyond words (literally, hence no words on blog...), and busybusybusy (work, school, 3 hour commute, debt snowballing, occasional shower - very occasional.)

I would like to start writing regularly. I would like to continue to share with people the laughs I get from my ex's silly silly life, like - DUDE. He got fired, again. In the beginning of August. He then spent 6 weeks pretending to go to work, picking up his daughter twice a weeks for 4 hours each, reminding me of his "schedule", or saying he was late for work, etc...all a FABRICATION. Then little things added up - emails sent to me during "working hours". Small behavioural changes. I called him. "Ex Husband. Did you lose your job?" "...." "..." "..." "Ummmmmmm, yeah..." Sigh. "When?" "..." "..." "..." "Ummmmm, this week sometime." ("Sometime?") So I did some digging, traced some child support checks, and deducted that he started sending in personal checks to probation 5+ weeks earlier. I then did the math and realized that 3 weeks AFTER getting fired he bought a $6,000 motorcycle, depleting his entire net worth. DUDES - he already has a motorcycle in perfect condition. Yes, he bought a second one. In the weeks since then, he has gotten a new job and has worked 2 weeks so far. In that time he bought a brand new home gym. Yes, dudes, one of those infomercial, 3-am, if-you-are-pulling-out-a-credit-card-at-3-am-you-are-a-loser home gym. If this man wasn't my child's parent I would be GIDDY with hilarious mocking judgment. Instead I am ulcer-ific with it.

Wow - that was easier than I thought! Thanks, Ex, for giving me something to write about!

Ha - to make a short story long, sorry, if you do in fact read me, for lagging.

Most of all, I blame blogger - for some reason it made me use a non-gmail email to create a blog, and the effort it takes to log out of google and into blogspot with something else SUCKS. so i never do it.

but I will try, folks. I will try. So start reading, yall!

2 comments:

Fearless Bleater said...

Your first mate still reads, Captain.

Kristi said...

Hey! I clicked over to you from Princess Nebraska and thought I'd leave you some love! It is so easy to get caught up in the Blog Comment stuff (or readership) that you lose sight of the fact that you just like to write. It's necessary for me as an outlet for my emotions and when I let go of the other crap and did it just for me I had a whole lot more to say.

Your ex sounds like he's having a midlife crisis in a BIG way! Take some deep breaths and listen to some good music (preferably with some wine) - that always helps me!

Have a great day ~